Skip to main content

Itch!

Working out cuteness.

Got my racquet all strung up! But rainy day and I can't use it..funny how fate makes you wait for things you most want. The hunger and desire becomes stronger; perhaps when accomplished, the feeling of satisfaction is magnified. I am itching to try my racquet!

I'd really like to visit Mecca someday and feel the spirit of the believers. Unfortunately, as a non-Muslim I am not allowed to set foot in the City. It must be a tremendous experience.

Pic from Taipei Times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

M's first art installation

My son and I went exercising at the gym this morning (Feb. 2, 2019). We had physical and mental workouts, and I was full of pride to see him put together this exhibit. He called it, "Train." The work is abstract, with the cone symbolizing the engine and the ball can be pictured as "balls of steam" that roll out of the chimney or exhaust system! Train

Mr. 郭

There's been a recent controversy in Taiwan over the scandalous writings of the government information officer, 郭冠英, stationed in Toronto. Here's an op-ed piece from Taipei Times. I agree with Mr. Cole that although freedom of speech is guaranteed and necessary in a democratic country, once you are employed in the government, there should be limitations to what can and cannot be said. The writings of Mr. Kuo, even though posted anonymously, breaks the trust that the public has in him as an official representative of Taiwan in Toronto, and is a breach of his responsibility to the citizens of the land of Taiwan. Frankly, I think Mr. Kuo's an idiot. ***** He said it'd be OK to kill my wife By J. Michael Cole 寇謐將 Thursday, Mar 26, 2009, Page 8 We met when I worked as an intelligence officer in Canada, part of an organization that at times risked making racism and hatred for the “other” — in that case, mostly Arabs and Muslims — a normal policy. After nearly three years in t...

3D metal printing

I've worked with stainless steel in the machine shop, and it isn't exactly the easiest metal to drill or lathe. So to be able to print it, wow. Another interesting company is Shapeways. Here's a video (not metal printing in this case though).